
It has been a fun-filled week of family and I have loved it! My parents flew my brother and sister-in-law in from Washington D.C. to spend Easter with us (and with my sister-in-law's family). Though I talk to Eddie practically every day regarding work, family gossip, and other shenanigans, we had not seen him since Thanksgiving.
Eddie and April are pretty independent when they get to Houston. This translates to April usually goes off to hang out with her mom and sisters and Eddie hangs out with us. There are, of course, times when Eddie joins them and other times when April joins us. Then there is Easter Sunday when we all joined together!
On Tuesday night, my mom cooked dinner for just herself, my dad, brother, and I. It was so fun and reminiscent of old times - minus the bickering and the chaos since our two sisters weren't there. Not to say that they were the ones to cause the problems...haha!
On Wednesday night, same scenario only older sister Cathy, and her husband Jay joined the mix.
On Thursday night, same scenario only Cathy and Jay were replaced with younger sister Linda and her husband Craig.
Apparently, I was a meal moocher taking full advantage of my mother's cooking all 3 nights!
On Friday night, April and her youngest sister CeeCee were throwing a baby shower for middle sister, Carol Ann. My mom, two sisters, and I were attending, so once again my mother made dinner for everyone and it was kind of a grab some and eat it when you arrived kinda deal. It appears I was a meal moocher then, too. haha!
On Saturday, my family usually has family lunch, but my parents offered up to us to forgo family lunch in lieu of seeing an afternoon movie and going out to dinner. We went to see Hot Tub Time Machine. I had zero expectation because I hadn't even seen a preview. It was decent and I laughed a few times. After the movie, we went to a local mom and pop placed called Clementine's. Both Cathy & Jay and Linda & Craig had their rehearsal dinners there. Sadly, it appears the place has gone completely downhill in the past year. None of our food was seasoned. After dinner, we stopped at Brewster's Ice Cream for a couple of ice cream pies (I, of course, did not partake) and then went back to my parent's house and just hung out. It was so fun. I am so blessed to have such a close family and that my siblings married such great spouses and that we all love hanging out together.
Easter Sunday, we all (sans Cathy & Jay who flew out to Vegas for some vacation time) gathered at my parent's house for some great grub (courtesy of my mama)!
I love spending time with my family - especially because it is so rare that we are all together. Next stop for such an event will be Labor Day weekend when we all gather together in Chicago in celebration of my grandmother's 80th birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment