Sunday, October 3, 2010

weekend recap

It was a good weekend - much better than last weekend - THANK GOD!  After my 9-miler on Saturday morning, I came home to be lazy for a bit.  I eventually took a muscle soaking bath.  I know, I know...ice is better, but I just wanted to read and be cozy and I can't imagine an ice bath being cozy.  Then again, I can't imagine taking one at all *shivers*.  We'll see...I may have to once I start getting into the big mileage.

We didn't have family lunch because we were doing a joint celebration of older sister Cathy's bday and my dad's bday that evening at Pappas Grill.  This meant I had the afternoon to run some errands and finish birthday shopping for them.

Of course I had to return to the library to get another audio book.  I'm almost done with my current one and I couldn't risk being without one since it makes my car rides bearable!

After all my running around, I got ready for dinner and headed over to the parental's house.  My dad drove Cathy, Jay, my mom, and I to the restaurant.  Linda and Craig met us there.  We had a wonderful meal - I ordered the horseradish crusted filet and then, because it was a special occasion, I went ahead and had some garlic mashed potatoes (not South Beach friendly).  One of the reasons we love Pappa's Grill so much is because of their salad bar - pure deliciousness!

After dinner, we all headed back to my parent's house for dessert (a cake from Rao's bakery), presents, and a fashion show.  We apparently do the fashion show thing a lot, huh?!  This time Linda was trying on some dresses Cathy and my mom had picked out for her to wear to next weekend's wedding and Cathy was trying on some clothes that she had received as gifts.  It was a great family night!  I love my family!!!  =)

I went to bed way late on Saturday (shocker) with the hopes of getting a good solid 8 hours of sleep.  I woke up at 5:30am.  Blech.  I went back to bed and the dogs woke me up at 6:45am.  I fed and watered them, let them go potty, and then I played Mafia Wards, Rummikub, and Sorority Life for a bit.  I went back to bed at 7:30am and didn't wake up until 11:20.  Yikes!  I had lots and lots of sleep!  I must have needed it - I'm thinking it was recovery from my run!

Today I did something really cool - I went to a Pampered Chef party hosted by LaShaune.  I bet you are wondering who LaShaune is, huh?!  Well, it just so happens she is a blog friend who I now have met in the real world - she's actually the first one I've met in the real world!  I had the best time today hanging out with her and her friends and even her mom!  We ate great food and sangria!

The plan is to go to bed NOW so that I can get up early in the morning for my first crack of dawn run - since I have my gear.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

I love how you guys do fashion shows...so fun! :) I'm glad you got some good sleep too...you need it!

LaShaune said...

It was so much fun meeting you this weekend. My mom just loves you! We all just love you - welcome to the fold (not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing - either way it will be fun)