Friday, October 29, 2010

a sCaRy green monster

Since I've gone back to the basics for the next two weeks (read:  returned to Phase 1 of South Beach), I can't eat fruit.  It's cool, I promise EXCEPT with the whole green monster thing.  I mean I have to admit I was sooo scared to try to make one without my loyal and trusty banana. 

When I did my grocery shopping this week, I dutifully bought a bag of spinach.  I also bought some Peter Pan Peanut Butter.  Normally I go for the almond butter, but truth be told there really isn't that much nutritional difference between the two - they are pretty much par for par.  Oh and in case you were wondering, I did NOT buy the reduced fat peanut butter because it has more sugar (+1 gram) and carbs (+8 grams) in it. 

I decided to give Jillian's Whey Protein Powder a try.  It's only $10 for the tub - quite affordable! 


So, I took 2 cups of spinach and placed it in the blender.  I added 1 TBSP of peanut butter, then a scoop of Jillian's chocolate whey protein powder, a cup of skim milk, and some ice.  I filled up my cup and was pleasantly surprised that it was sooooo delicious (and quite nutricious), not to mention incredibly filling!

I can't wait to have another!

Have you tried something you were scared of lately?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't tried anything new lately, but my husband just bought a new blender called "The Ninja". It can crush frozen fruit (oops, I know you'll eat some again someday!) like nobody's business!

chris mcpeake said...

have tried lots of scary stuff lately just too scary to admit to in public :-0