I'm running with the Vampires now - I mean who else is out before the sun comes up???
This morning I woke up at 4:20am to do my first crack of dawn run! It wasn't so bad! I have to get up THAT early because I have a thyroid pill I have to take 30 minutes before I eat and I have to eat something before I run. I also need that time to do my stretching, to wake up, get all my gear on, etc....
So, I ate a 150 calorie whole wheat English muffin with some light cream cheese and I got to wear this cool little gadget for the first time:
It's a cool nifty clip on headlamp and I bought it from Amazon.com for $10.99.
My plan was to go 3 miles and I ended up hitting 3.2. Yay me!
Thoughts: Early morning running is more peaceful...there is something to be said about being alone on the streets in the dark. It was also significantly cooler outside. What a difference that makes. I love knowing that my run is done - no matter what happens in the day, I have that out of the way.
When do you like to get your exercise in?

2 comments:
Good for you!! I'm glad you have some good dark-wearing-gear! I'm so proud of you (and impressed) that you woke up so early to go running. You, my friend, inspire me! It also helps knowing I'm not the only one awake at such an un-godly hour!
Yay for you running with your head lamp! Safety girl!!!
Post a Comment