We all have a vision of what pot roast is supposed to look like and taste like. It's down home deliciousness, that's what it is! I mean what's not to love about meat, gravy, veggies, and potatoes that can simmer all day long while you are at work or at play?! Unfortunately, the vision we all have in our heads is not one that is going to get me to my goal weight on the diet plan I have chosen, so I have created a new vision of pot roast, one in the style of South Beach.
Ingredients:
1 - 2 1/2 lb tender chuck roast
2 yellow squashes - chopped
2 zucchini squashes - chopped
1 onion - diced
celery - sliced
mushrooms - sliced
garlic - minced
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 packet of slow cooker pot roast seasoning
salt & pepper
Directions:
First I cubed up my chuck roast just to help it cook and break apart better. I then put half the can of crushed tomatoes in the bottom of my crock pot and whisked the entire packet of pot roast seasoning mix into it. I added the roast. The night before I had done all my dicing, slicing, and chopping so that the morning would be easy breezy. I added in my onion, zucchini, yellow squash, 'shrooms, and some garlic. I then topped off the veggies with the remaining half a can of crushed tomatoes and then I sprinkled some salt and pepper on top the whole shbang. I set my slow cooker to 10 hours on low and let it do it's magic while I went to go earn my income.
When I walked in the door after work, my nose was delighted with the aroma of my creation! After scooping out a hearty portion in a bowl, my mouth was delighted with the taste of my creation! Now, your eyes can feast upon (and hopefully be delighted by) the look of my creation!
I ended up eating it as if it were a stew since Phase 1 does not allow me to pile this bad boy on top of some starchy like substance. It was filling and delicious! I *heart* crock pots!!!

1 comment:
Man, that looks good!!! I'mma make me some!! :)
Post a Comment