So, September wasn't a good mileage month for me. It all started with the headaches that plagued me for a week in the beginning of September. Then I was plagued with the food poisoning for a week in the middle of September. Then I was plagued with the depression for a week at the end of September. So much for September. Bye, Bye, Bye in the infamous words of *N Sync.
I used to be a fan club member. It used to be a joke...sorta...maybe, well perhaps I liked to pass it off as a joke, but my friend Laura and I knew the truth. She was a member too cuz I gifted her the membership. We were both closet card carrying members. Oh how we loved our boy bands. It all started with Boyzone - a barely-known-in-the-U.S. Irish boyband that we had a slight obsession with after seeing them on a PBS special tribute to Andrew Lloyd Weber. Then we moved onto *N Sync. Those were the days...
One thing is for sure...October is gonna blow all other months out of the water where mileage is concerned. I will have 55 miles accumulated in my long runs alone. This is already 12 miles more than August and not taking any weekday mileage into consideration. Let's go ahead and set a goal for me, shall we? Let's make it an 85 mile month. I am training for a marathon, after all! I know this isn't a lot compared to some of you out there, but as a wise woman (That Pink Girl) pointed out to me on my last blog post - how many miles was I running this time last year?! Uh huh...Exactly! I've come a long way, my little lovebugs, so I'm gonna start focusing on that achievement and stop being such a negative nelly when sTuFf happens.
You know what else? I have my second half marathon this month - October 24th! How exciting is that? This time I know what 13.1 feels like. This time I have a time to beat. This time I'm on my home turf! Bring it Houston Half - I'm so gonna be ready for you!
I also have a little trip thrown in the mix. My cousin Rachel is getting married! My family is flying out to Scottsdale, AZ next weekend for the celebration! She picked out a super swanky hotel for the festivity, but more on that later! Yes, yes...since I will be missing my 10-miler with my running group, I will need to run it in Scottsdale. No worries, though, as I have already started working on my plan of action for that puppy, but more on that later, too!
One more fabulous thing is happening this month...do you know what that is??? Meliska and Greggy-D will be welcoming their little bundle of joy! I, personally, can't wait to meet the little fella! I remember when they first told me the news that they were expecting - it's one of my favorite memories of our friendship!
So cheers to October - I just know it's going to be a fabulous month!
What's going on for you this fall???

1 comment:
I'm excited about October too!! :) I loved getting to tell you about Baby-D on his way. Don't you feel special that you were the FIRST person we told (even before our families?)
Post a Comment