The other day I tweeted something along the lines of "so many dum-dums...so little patience" just to discover that I'm one of the dum-dums. That's NOT a cool feeling, by the way.
I complained on Saturday on Facebook that my knees were both terribly achy after my run. I mean they harrassed me through the night. This is so unlike them - well both of them AT THE SAME TIME. Usually only one is grumpy at a time if one of them so chooses to have a temper tantrum. I appreciate their consideration regarding this, by the way, since two of them having a fit is no joke.
One of my employees asked me how my running was going this week and I told him not very well at all. I only got 2 1/4 miles in on Monday and none since because my left knee just won't return to normal despite my TLC. We've had long talks, Epsom salt bubble baths, ice dates, and some really great encounters with Bio-Freeze, but still "he" wants to act a fool. My employee suggested to me that I start taking glucosamine.
Um...the light bulb kinda started glowing. Since I returned from Chicago after running my half marathon, I have completely forgotten to take my daily dose of glucosamine. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I have been taking it daily without fail for the past few months - I'm convinced this was one of the things that helped my hip, actually. What in the world came over me that all the sudden I stopped my routine?!?! Here I was blaming this ridiculous humidity for my knee issue and it's probably not the humidity's fault. It looks like I have nothing or no one to blame but myself.
Lesson learned: My knees must have glucosamine! Don't deny them their rights!
Yep, I'm a dum-dum.


2 comments:
Hmm interesting. I have knee issues but I haven't heard of taking glucosamine. Perhaps I'll try. Thanks for the tip!
I know the reasons I should take things like vitamins & supplements, but it's so hard to know if they are actually doing anything.
However, glucosamine is the one thing I give my dogs & I can really notice that it helps them. Maybe I should start taking it...my knee has been bothering me, but I assumed it was b/c I had ACL surgery 15 years ago.
Post a Comment