As I mentioned on Monday, I'm TOTALLY challenging myself to workout every single day this week - well Monday through Friday and then, of course, I'll have my group run on Saturday.
Lauren has an on-going Workout Wednesday, Get Your Sweat On blog thing going and since I actually have a workout I'm proud of, I decided to participate this week. Maybe I'll participate every week since I'm turning over a new consistent leaf, eh?! How do you like them apples?
Been having some patellar tendon issues in both knees (though it's worse in my right knee), so I ordered some patellar tendon support straps today. Can't wait for them to get in as they will ultimately compress the sore area which should help reduce swelling and whatnot. Anyway, was sort of hesitant about whether or not I should try to run at all since I had running AND bike on the schedule today. I ultimately decided to run one mile on the treadmill and then do the bike for 45 minutes. Well...that was what I decided to do in my head, but then the actuality was completely different. Once I got into my groove around 3/4 of a mile, I kinda figured I could whip out another 1 1/4 mile before moving over to the bike. I actually felt good and I don't mess with that feeling, especially when it comes to running. I was running at a 13:02 mile pace (yes, slow...I know) for the bulk of the run until I hit the last 1/2 mile and I got wild and crazy and went for the 12:00 mile pace. I thought it was gonna kill me - no, not my knee...my whole being, but somehow I survived. When I got to the 2 mile mark, I slowed down the treadmill and speed-walked another 1/4 of a mile as a sort of slow down. After that, I hopped over to the bike and had at it for 30 minutes (17 miles and some change - not sure if that's good or not). I'm not gonna lie and tell you my knee was just peachy keen. It was grumpy and wanted to let its discomfort be known. I heard it and promised it a love fest with my knee keg (device pictured above I got post ACL surgery that helps ice up my knee) upon return home.
Above and beyond my gym workout, I also managed to sneak in 150 wall push-ups at work during my bathroom breaks. ;)
So, there you have it - my Workout Wednesday! I definitely got my sweat on and now I must go wash it away and go to bed.
Peace out!

3 comments:
Dang I didn't get a run in yesterday... or this morning this post made me feel like a bum :+) but at least I'm not stinky. Or I think not.
Hugs,
Rachael @ Houston Health Blogs
I am impressed with the working out Miss! ...and most importantly, your toes look cute! : )
I LOVE it that you sneak in push ups at work. Love it!
Be sweet to those knees. You've got a marathon to run!
Post a Comment