Yes, she just might (well more like she will)...BUT more on that in just a sec...
So I cut up tons o' veggies to bring to work with me for the week when I get the munchies. I tried to commission my mom to cut up veggies for me (I'm convinced veggies taste best when she cuts them up) and then I tried to commission my dad to be a pack mule if my commissioning of my mom worked, but somehow apparently I'm not a good commissioner (which really sucks, by the way). Oh well... =P
Oh and just cuz I think it's hilarious, I have to share this with you. I'm really thinking the coaching team for my marathon training is a bit over ambitious. I got an email the other day that was a "heads up" of sorts regarding a 5K they are strongly encouraging us all to sign up for which just so happens to be sponsored by my high school alma mater, Klein High. This irony, is not lost on me, by the way...I mean I HATED running the mile in P.E. class - it was like the worst kind of punishment EVER and here I am going to pay money to run 3 miles. My oh my how life has changed. Anyway, so the cRaZy part is that the race is on Saturday, September 11th beginning at 7:30am, but my running group is scheduled to run 7 miles that day. So....the email actually stated that it would be interesting to see how we handle racing a 5K after having run 7 miles earlier. Dudes....how much earlier? I mean I am SLOW, so 7 miles is gonna take me over an hour and a half and we have to make it over to the high school in enough time for the race, so what time do we have to start running the 7 and what kind of shape am I going to be in to run the 5K? I can guarantee there will be no PR for this race!!! BUT alas....I'm always up for a challenge and I've already started commissioning (oh wait....there is that word again...maybe I'm not so horrible at it after all) some friends to join me, so BRING IT Klein High!
If anyone else is interested in partaking in this 5K, here is the website: http://bearkatbash.com/. It's $25 and is a timed event with a t-shirt and after-party to boot. Who knew Klein put on such an event?! I surely did not.
I hope I have time to change from my 7-miler stinky running attire to fresh running attire for the 5K. I'm just sayin'...the crowds will thank me.

2 comments:
Fantastic blog, kim! Keep up the great work!!! :-)
How funny! Who knew? I love the irony in this! I too was so not athletic in high school, so the thought of running at my old high school makes me laugh!
Post a Comment