Friday, July 8, 2011

what's making me happy NOW

Last month I posted what was currently making me happy, so I thought I would do it again cuz....maybe these things can make you happy, too.  =)

Chobani yogurt.  
Eureeka!  I *finally* found it.  A little background story...while my family vacationed in Orlando over Thanksgiving doing the whole Disney/Universal thing, my parents requested we all make grocery lists of what we wanted them to buy for our rental home.  Older sister Cathy and perhaps a couple others put Greek yogurt on the list.  My parents bought Chobani.  Everyone raved about them, but stubborn me never tried it.  Maybe I felt guilty cuz I didn't put it on my list or maybe I was too busy getting my dairy fix with the sugar free pudding I had requested or maybe I'm just a dumb-dumb.  Who knows?  Over the past month, I've decided I want to try it.  I've checked out my H.E.B., but to no avail.  I looked at two different Krogers...still no luck.  I searched the Walmart by work on the off chance that maybe they got cool and started carrying trendy brands, but came up empty handed.  I finally found Chobani at the Kroger near my parent's house this week.  Oh wow.  I see why everyone loves this brand of yogurt.  It is creamy decadence.
source here


Lenny's Sub Shop's Chef Salad
Salads seem to cost an arm and a leg these days.  Lenny's Chef Salad is $6.77 including tax.  It is filled with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, black olives, onion, pickles, red pepper relish, banana peppers (I nix these), and then turkey, ham, and provolone cheese.  It comes with your choice of dressing - I go with the light ranch - and croutons (I nix these), sunflower seed kernals (yum), and crackers (I nix these).  Since I've decided to remove bread carbs from my diet for a yet to be determined amount of time, this is the perfect lunch for me.  Too bad there isn't a Lenny's close to the office.  =/

As with all of these kind of beverages, certain flavors are enhanced with the bonus of providing additional benefits.  C-vitamins are added to some flavors, for example, while electrolytes are added to others.  Favorite flavors include, but are not limited to:  Strawberry Dragonfruit, Mango Melon, and Strawberry Apricot.  I find these drinks to be refreshing and sweet without some weird/gross after taste.  They can get a bit pricey, but you should be able to find them for $1.00 a piece when on sale and/or at Walmart or Target.
source here


That Pink Girl knew I was considering purchasing a CamelBak for my upcoming Hottest Half race next month.  Yes, yes...you might think me the queen of the mcdorks, but this dork has had one two many incidents with dehydration cramping during races and doesn't want to take any chances.  Being the sweet friend that she is, TPG saw an awesome deal on the website above and sent me a text right away letting me know I had about 20 minutes left to purchase this 72 oz hydration pack for only $20.  What a deal!  So...if I'm to understand Chainlove.com correctly...they run short-term deals (30 minutes each) constantly throughout the day and it's a "you snooze, you lose" kinda thing.  I'm just thankful TPG wasn't snoozing!  Thanks, girl!  =)  By the way...you can download an alert for Windows and/or for Explorer or other web browsers to help you not miss out on great deals!
source here


Sleeping in my own bed. 
After having been at my parent's house for the past 6 nights, I can assure you I am WAY ready to crash in the comfort of my own lovely cushiony happiness.  My parents like firm mattresses and placed them in all the spare bedrooms of their home.  It's like sleeping on a board.  My body isn't happy....but it will be...soon....I can't wait!

I love being able to rent a movie for $1.08.  Their website is so helpful, too.  If you want a specific movie, it will tell you which Red Box closest to you has it.  How thoughtful is that?!  You can also pick a future release you want to rent and set a reminder for Red Box to alert you when it is ready for rental.  I also love how there are so many Red Boxes located pretty much everywhere for my convenience and that I don't even have to return a movie to the same Box I rented it from.  This was an ingenious business design!
source here

Meliska is the one who encouraged me to start hitting up the library for books instead of spending my hard earned money.  I am forever thankful.  I have a tendency to borrow audio books above all else because there is less of a wait for the popular books in audio format AND because it helps occupy me during my commute to and from work so that I am not focusing on work 24/7 and/or road raging.  It has also provided me with a great means of "reading" more than one book at the same time since I can be listening to one while reading another.  I love how I can request a book and that the library will notify me when it is available for me.  They keep it for me for a week and they have such great hours that even a girl with cRaZy working hours like myself can find time to check-out/return books as necessary. 

The Goose.
I cannot believe I forgot to put a pic of him in his 4th of July outfit when I wrote up my 3-day weekend post.  What's wrong with me?  Of course my cute mom decked out the house in 4th of July decor - stickers on the guest bathroom mirror, table cloth on the kitchen table, the fireplace mantle, etc.  We all know the main attraction is always...The Goose.


So, tell me...what is making YOU a happy camper these days?


9 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

oh I love chobani! Target (surprisingly) had quite a few flavors :)

They are in different places in different Krogers. Sometimes with yogurt and sometimes with soy/dairyfree stuff.

Happy Healthy Runner said...

I always find Cho at Randalls... mmm mmmm mmmmmmm :)

Unknown said...

I love the library, and audio books and putting books on hold. I sometimes go to Target and write down new book titles, then put them on hold at the library!

Melissa-D said...

I have never tried that yogurt before. Hmmm...maybe I should change that! =)

I too love Redbox, but lately we've been doing the Netflix thing. It's much easier with Liam. ha.

One of my favorite things - hanging out with YOU! =)

That Pink Girl said...

I'm loving Chobani too...but like you, I have a difficult time finding it. Just not worth going to multiple stores on a regular basis.
I'll make sure I have some when you're here tho!!!

The Sweet Life Blog said...

That Goose is cracking me up! I love it. My sister has been going to the library too instead of buy books. I need to give that a try. I'm just impatient most of the time and end up buying them for the iPad.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I've never thought of using the library for audio books. That's a great idea! Now I just gotta figure out where the library is? And I might be needing to hit up Lenny's soon... that salad is right up my alley.

Melting Candy said...

Cute, cute post mamas (as always) I was just telling a friend yesterday that it is always positive to think about 5 things you are greatful for or that makes you happy!

BTW, The goose is so cute and good for you for purchasing a CamelBak, I think it's smart and I know you can rock it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I didn't know about Chainlove. I really need to get a (better) cammelback. Do you like that one so far?