Wednesday, July 27, 2011

random stuff

I got my new recumbent bike on Tuesday afternoon at work.  My dad convinced me I should let one of the guys at work put it together instead of trying to do it myself.  Turns out this was a smart idea as my dad had to help the dude put it together...it was a bit complex.  My dad was then soooo soooo nice and brought it over to my house for me.  He kept trying to help me out further by placing it, but I couldn't have him do that since I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted to make the room work.

As a kid, I LOVED moving furniture around in my bedroom.  I thought it such an adventure to have a different room design.  Unfortunately for me, I have a small home and a fondness for furniture.  This means there is very little room for my creativity.  =/

I had a vision, however, and carried it through.  I was afraid, you see, of having to get rid of my coffee table ottoman that I absolutely adore.  I managed to make it work without going to such extremes.  I just moved things around a bit to give my bike a great view of the TV.  I do, however, feel a bit guilty.  In case you haven't caught on, my one true love Penelope went blind over a year ago.  She is 10 years old and was raised in my house, so she knows it forward and backward.  It's kind of mean to move things around at this stage in the game, but I think she will figure it out.


Another issue I've been having lately is with my WiFi.  I apparently forgot my passkey.  So, I've been all old school connected through what seemed like an endless supply of wires.  I had no clue how to create a new password or reset my router, so I did some Google-searching, learned how, and managed to do it ALL BY MYSELF.  Mind you...I'm not very computer savvy, so this was a BIG deal to me!

In other news...found out today that my Galveston Seawall Half scheduled for November 19th has been canceled.  This makes me sad as it seemed like a really cool race.  Ah well...maybe they will do it again next year!

and then there is...training.

Training is going...okay.  Since I made the decision to walk The Hottest Half (not a decision I'm proud of, but one that is necessary for survival), I've determined that the new shoes I bought aren't going to make the grade.  They are a really great motion control shoe for "the heavier runner".
New Balance 1012


I like them as far as comfort and feel go, BUT it's a heavy shoe.  The weight is 12 oz.  Yikes!  I did some shopping on Amazon last night and found a lighter (7 oz) shoe (a cross-trainer) that I think will be better for the walk.  With training wearing the heavier shoe, though, I should be super speedy once I get to lighten the load!  ha!

New Balance Women's WX20 NB Minimus Training Shoe

Last, but not least...I got the biggest craving EVER for green bean casserole.  I decided to feed the beast and make me some.  I forgot to take a picture (bad blogger), but trust me when I tell you it turned out delish and it was oh so simple to make.  I just took one can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom and whisked in 3/4 of a cup of skim milk.  I added salt and pepper to taste and then a 19 oz bag of frozen green beans that had been thawed out.  Next, I took a small can of French's fried onion and put all but the last 1/4 in the mixture.  I poured the mix into a casserole dish, topped it with the remaining onions, and baked it on 350 for 45 minutes.  I've determined that 1 cup is about 200 calories.  That's a lot of green bean casserole happiness!

So, that's about it in a nutshell.  I guess I've been kind of boring the last few months with my posts.  Welcome to my world - haha!

Hope y'all are having a lovely week!

7 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Yaay for you figuring out how to hack in to your router-mah-jig! I am way impressed woman!
And I LOVED to rearrange my bedroom furniture as a kid. Funny thing is, now that I have a whole house, I seem to have lostbthe furniture moving imagination. Maybe you can help me plot out some floor plan ideas when you are here!

New, lighter shoes? Yes, great idea! 12 ounces is a lot for a shoe! That's enough to tucker a girl out first mile! Hope the new ones work well for you.

Melissa-D said...

I think you need to take a pic of your new arrangement with the bike. Poor Penelope though...has she run into anything yet?

Unknown said...

Yum, green bean casserole!

I think a lighter shoe is a great idea for your walk.

Raquelita said...

Oh, your dog looks so sweet! I hope that she adjusts to the new layout soon.

LaShaune said...

Poor P. I hope she doesn't hurt herself trying to figure out what you did to the living room.

Let me know how the Minimus works out. That's a super cute shoe and I may just need to get a pair for myself.

FYI - I've sorta, kinda joined a running group. I will miss the first run tonight since The Fella and I have a walk date, but I plan to get in a few with the group.

Anonymous said...

Lemme know how you like the NB Minimus... I keep seeing them around and have been curious. A friend of mine uses the trail version for his trail running and loves them

Shelley said...

Hey Kim,

Where did you hear that the Seawall half has been cancelled? The registration page is still active...I ran it last year and while I can't run at the moment, I was thinking about going down to watch the race.