There are some things that are making me happy this summer. I thought I would share.
The Voice
Have you seen it? It's a new singing competition / reality show on NBC this season. I find the celebrity judges/coaches to be particularly amusing, of course, but some of the talent on the show are truly incredible. I can't wait to watch the rest of the season!
So You Think You Can Dance
Do you watch it too? Oh you so should! My parents got me hooked on this dancing competition / reality show on Fox a few seasons ago and I've been obsessed ever since. I never realized you could get so caught up in the story line of a dance and that you could be moved to such emotion by the brilliance of choreography.
Movies, in general
Every weekend so far, I have managed to sneak in a movie at the movie theater with my family. Seeing movies has always been one of my favorite activities anyway, but over the past few years I just haven't made it a priority. Times have changed! It's a way to escape this awful summer heat and my cRaZy life for a couple of hours - count me in! I like to go to the Santikos Silverado theater because it's clean and nice and they have an amazing drink station. You can get Coke Zero, for example, in 6 different flavors. sooo cool.
Oatmeal
I want it. I love it. Every morning I take my half cup of oats and add in a tablespoon of Splenda brown sugar blend, loads of cinnamon and a cup of water. I zap it in the microwave for 2 minutes and let my mouth go to its happy place.
Chicken salad
I want it. I love it. I bought the pre-seasoned sweet chili chicken breasts from H.E.B. I boiled them, chopped them up, and added Mayo made with olive oil and then some dill pickle relish. I found myself some nice multi-grain hearty bread, toasted it up, and piled on my chicken salad.
Crystal Light iced tea
If I'm not drinking water, I'm drinking this delightfulness. It's refreshing and lovely.
Relax and Sleep
application on my phone. There are many options to choose to listen to, but I only listen to one - monks chanting - I set the timer for 40 minutes each night and it helps me fall asleep.
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Body Vitamin Body Wash
That Pink Girl mentioned this product in a blog post a couple of months ago. It sounded like something that would do a hot and sweaty body good. You see, it's a cool and refreshing body wash that leaves you feeling all tingly and happy. It definitely helps beat the heat and that puts a smile on my face. That's all I ask.
I'm gonna be an aunt
Just before Easter weekend, when our whole immediate family was in town and gathered at my parent's house for dinner, younger sister Linda and brother-in-law Craig announced they are expecting their first child. This will be my first niece or nephew and our parent's first grandchild. Our family is on cloud 9. Linda *finally* lifted the gag order on Tuesday AFTER she informed our grandmother herself, so now we don't have to keep our excitement a secret any longer. The baby is due December 27th which means for the first time in all of my years, our family will not be traveling to Chicago for Christmas as we want to make sure we are in town for the birth of the newest addition to our family. I've been wondering what happens in Houston while we are away...
What is making you happy? Please share! =)






5 comments:
I'm so excited for our Linda and Craig!!! :D Aaand that we can be excited publicly! hehe
I love the Silverado theater. It's about 10 minutes from us and SO nice inside!
So glad you like the body wash!
Oatmeal, yes. One of my loves that I have strayed from in favor of green monsters. I need to go back and switch GMs to dinner.
Movies. I've never enjoyed movies really. ESPECIALLY not movie theaters. Oooh, sitting TOO close to TOO many people in a germy seat. My OCD comes out. Can't hardly do it. But I love how excited people who DO enjoy the movies get!
First of all, I haven't been to a movie theater in FOREVER. Hmmm...maybe I should change that with you! =)
Second, I LOVE Crystal Light Tea. I've become addicted to the Rasberry flavor!
Third, I'm so excited for Linda!
I just came over to your blog from That Pink Girl's and I had to say congrats on becoming an aunt! My SIL had a little girl back in October and my sister is expecting this January. Being an auntie is pretty awesome. Also oatmeal is the best!
Post a Comment