Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekend Goals

I have some goals this weekend!

#1 - there will be house cleaning
...well, to be fair, I'm not gonna clean the whole house.  It could all use a good scrubbing, mind you, but there are only so many hours I'm willing to commit to this undertaking in one weekend.  I've gotten really lazy on my household chores since I started working so many hours unfortunately.  =/  BUT...no sense dwelling.  The rooms that will be cleaned/scrubbed are:  the kitchen, the dining room, the family room, the guest bathroom, my bedroom, and my bathroom.  My grand plan is to get this all done before family lunch on Saturday.  Fingers crossed, y'all!

#2 - there will be half marathon training (hopefully in my new shoes).
...I will do 4 miles on Friday night and 8 miles on Sunday morning.  Goal pace = 15:30 (walking)

#3 - there will be biking
...no, no...still not ready or able to mentally get out on a road bike (scared), but I will ride my new recumbent bike which is strategically placed in my family room for 1 hour Saturday morning and 1 hour Saturday evening.

#4 - there will be calorie counting
...love the myfitnesspal application on my phone and will be using it to track my food, water, and exercise beginning tomorrow.  My goal net calories is 1400 per day.  We will see how I do!  On a side note, did you know that the application has a UPC code scanner you can use which will upload the nutritional info to your profile?!  how awesome is that?!?!

#5 - there will be "pamper me" time
...European facial scheduled for 2:30pm on Saturday (thank you, Groupon).  Deep Tissue massage scheduled for 11:00am on Sunday (thank you, Tamu - my new massage therapist).  I may even try to work in a MUCH needed pedi.

#6 - there will be sleep!
...7-8 hours per night - NO EXCUSES!  yep...been a bit bad about going to bed at a decent hour this whole week.  Bad Kim!

#7 - there will be TV watching.
...I have Sesson 4 of Dexter and Season 3 of Big Love just waiting to be watched.  They were Christmas presents, y'all, and I still haven't watched them yet!  What gives?! 

So...there you have my goals.  What are yours?

11 comments:

Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com said...

You have a busy weekend scheduled! I need to do some cleaning around the house too but it's just more fun to sit around and do nothing.

Can you believe I have NEVER gotten a massage before? I'm considering it more and more as my legs and body get more and more worn out.

LaShaune said...

Hey Kim: Use Groupon or Living Social and spring for Merry Maids at least once to get the deep cleaning done so you can have more family time during your busy months.

As for my goals - I'm starting a 21-day Eat Clean Challenge on Monday. To me, this means cutting out all the junk (no pudding, no cheesecake, no chips, no Pirate's Booty, ARGH!!!!) and really eating more fruits/veggies. I didn't realize that I'm not getting enough until I FINALLY started tracking. So I guess it will be salads for lunch Mon-Fri and making my own protein boxes for breakfast instead of buying them from Starbucks.

You have a great set of goals and smart enough to write them down.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I used to watch Big Love, but then it got too dark and weird...

Anonymous said...

13 miles, and house cleaning for me! Good luck with your 8. I'm sure you'll knock em out :) I'm hoping it will rain enough today/tonight to get the temps down a bit...

Anna said...

You have a busy weekend planned! I hope to run 7 miles on Saturday and shop for new pants. Fun stuff. And I'm with you on the bike thing - I prefer spin class over operating a real bike in traffic! Eek!

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

Girl, how you gonna do all that in two days?? You are going to be wo' OUT by Monday. My plans this weekend include spending time with my hubby tomorrow, church and geocaching on Sunday!

Heidi @ The Sweet Life said...

It looks like you have a busy weekend but also plenty of nice relaxing time. I would love to start bike riding. Scott and I just ride at the gym for now but let us know when you're ready to hit the road because we'd love to head out with you!

Chellers said...

Hey girl! I've been meaning to write you for a few months now! I'm so proud of you for working on your fitness goals against all odds. You've been such an inspiration to me as I've struggled to lose the baby weight...AGAIN. I know you can do this!

I think our lives have different "seasons" when we're really committed to or consistent with one area or another (cleaning, exercising, eating right, etc. etc.), so when things get off track, we just need to recognize it and move to the next season. Maybe that's just a way for me to feel less guilty about not being able to do everything all the time, but it works for me. :-)

So, anyway I just say that to say that you are awesome and you can do anything you set your mind to. I'll support you from afar!!

That Pink Girl said...

I'm a little late to this party...from Twitter sounds like you were actually pretty productive! Can't wait to see pics of the new 'do!
I only got ONE thing done on my list. But it was a biggie. I'll tell you all about it when you are here. There, keeping you in suspense! :0)

Melissa-D said...

How did I miss this blog? Hmm...sorry...

Now the weekend is over, but I'm glad you got some pampering in there! You deserve it!!