Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 21: Favorite TV Show

Did you think I forgot all about my 30-day Challenge?  Nope...just went on hiatus.  2/3 of the way done.  No worries...it's only taking me 5 months+ to get through these!  Oye!

We are on Day 21 - A favorite TV show

I have to go with my favorite show of all time.

Do you know what it is?

Do you know me at all?

source here

I remember watching the very first episode all by myself at home.  I really wasn't sure what to think.  I mean I guessed I liked it.  I was intrigued enough to keep watching.  Sometime during Season 1, I started watching the show with some friends (who I'm no longer friends with for a very good reason).  We would get together each week either at their apartment or at my house and watch our beloved show and then discuss it afterwards.  We did this for Season 2 and part of Season 3, as well.  Then our friendship ended and I believe I watched the remainder of Season 3 by myself, but I knew I needed to find some other friends to get LoSt with.

See how my Meliska is always there when I need her?  So true!  Meliska and Greggy-D opened up their home each week for friends to get Lost together.  It became one of my weekly rituals that I cherished!

I watched Season 4 through Season 6 with my buddies.  We theorized all kinds of crazy ideas (mirror matter moon theory) we found in our research (obsession what?).  We would get together at the season finale each year and sort of make a party of it.

I would discuss the show with my brother-in-law the day after it aired, as well.

I remember Meliska's parents inviting us over to their house for the series finale (Mellie's dad was a HUGE fan, too).

I know a lot of people weren't down with the conclusion of this epic adventure, but I was satisfied, for the most part.  Really there is sort of a mourning you have to go through when a beloved television show comes to an end.  I know our parent's generation might have felt that way about MASH, for example.

Never before has a television show made me just think and wonder and theorize and research before.  Never has one intrigued me.  Never have I eagerly awaited each and every episode of a program before.  Never have I gotten so enraptured in the characterizations and I kind of wonder if I ever will again.

What is/was your favorite TV show of all time?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked Lost too, but didn't get into it until the third season. I spent Christmas one year getting all caught up for a few days in a row.

All time favorite show? Wow, that's tough...I think it would be Gilmore Girls.

That Pink Girl said...

Never seen a single episode of Lost. Gulp, will you still be friends with me?
I don't know that I have a favorite tv show. Maybe Perry Mason or 7th Heaven. Good golly Pete I'm a dork!

Melissa-D said...

Of course, LOST is my all-time favorite...duh! ha. I LOVED our weekly watching parties, and I miss them dearly! Can we ever find a show as good as LOST was? Sigh...

Other than LOST, I would have to say my favorite show was Gilmore Girls...ahh...another one that is no longer on air. =/

Anonymous said...

OMG, we might be twins. I LOVED Lost. I'm thinking about watching them all over again... such an awesome show!! Right now, I'm getting into Fringe. We are working on the second season trying to get caught up... good stuff there too!! I also like Breaking Bad and Mad Men... ah, Jon Hamm...