This year hasn't quite turned out how I had hoped so far with regards to my weight loss and fitness goals. Desperate times call for desperate measures. No worries...I feel like I'm getting back on the right path, but let's just say some damage has been done and I've had a few set-backs, so I'm working my way back to where I once was so that progress can be made. In the mean time...survival mode has been put into place.
Step 1 is to get sleep. I'm getting that. The goal is 7 to 8 hours a night.
Step 2 is to hydrate. I'm doing that. The goal is to drink 1 gallon of fluids a day (combo of water and Crystal Lite iced tea).
Step 3 is to eat right. Remember the same game I discussed in an earlier post? I like that concept and that's how I'm working my week days. Following the South Beach diet, monitoring my calorie intake, taking cravings into consideration (I have a mad need for oatmeal and chicken salad lately) and sticking to my plan.
Step 4 is to MOVE. I am not in the same shape I once was. Sad, true story. My body and my lungs are just not cooperating. Three bouts of bronchitis in the past 3 months do not a happy, healthy Kim make. I created a mileage plan and the goal is just to accomplish the mileage whether it be through walking,
and here it is:
So, there you have it. For the first time in a long time, I feel motivated and encouraged. This is a good sign. I will keep you posted on my progress! =)

8 comments:
Dumb question from a non-runner...are you cross-training on your non-run days? Maybe Zumba as light fitness or strength training. This may help with lung function too.
Just a thought.
YAY! I'm glad you posted it, I love seeing what other people are doing! You're going to rock it AND get back to where you were (and blow past it I'm sure ;)) And if you ever need any encouragement/or need to vent, shoot me an email!
I like how simple your plan is. You can do it, Miss Kim!
Girl, me, too! Half the dang year is gone!! A setback is a set up for a comeback!! :) We just gotta do right!! Your running is SO inspirational to me. That's the hardest part for me. Moving. Ugh.
Go Kim! Nothing like putting it all out there for the world to see to keep you accountable. You can do it!!
Love your plan. I believe in you - you can do it! Way to stay accountable :)
Looks like a great plan Kim! hey, you're doing the hottest half in August, right? I was thinking about signing up.
Woohoo, great plan... good luck!
Post a Comment