Tuesday, June 7, 2011

making lemonade

My cute mom has always said if you don't have something nice to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all. Well...I suppose all of our cute moms have told us that a time or two.  I've been kinda quiet lately.  It's so unlike me.  It even makes me uncomfortable when I'm on mute.

Bottom-line is I've just been...blah.

Work has been kicking my booty.  I've been putting in a lot of hours and it doesn't end when I leave the premises.  I feel as though there has been a war waged against me within the organization and there is no waving of a white flag in sight.  I have two choices here.  I can cry over the spilled milk or I can make lemonade.  Me thinks that since milk will surely spoil in this heat, the better bet is lemonade.

Shall we talk about my half marathon training?  It's non existent.  I'm so very proud of this.  not.

We could always discuss my healthy eating...oh, but let's not make a liar of me as healthy eating hasn't been happening here.

Let us not forget about my sleeping habits.  I'm lucky to get 5 hours a night and even if I do, it's interrupted.

Yep, this is why I haven't been blogging cuz I'm a Debbie Downer full of disappointments.

How do I get back on the right track?  Why oh why am I so easily derailed?  How can I be proud of me again?

Several years back I was shopping in Old Town Spring and found this little figurine in a shop.


I had to buy it because I thought it too precious and it came with such a good message - worth reading and remembering.


Today I choose to count my blessings - they are plentiful.  Today I choose to spotlight my accomplishments and not my shortcomings.  Today I choose to celebrate the fact it is a new day filled with new opportunities for change.  Today I choose to walk away from the pity party.  It's time to make lemonade, y'all (but...with Splenda perhaps)  ;)

Cheers to a HAPPY day!

9 comments:

LaShaune said...

pass me a glass, while you're at it :)

The Sweet Life said...

I love that figurine and the message is wonderful! I'm sending great day vibes your way! :)

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering where you were yesterday! Nice quote, I need to remember to count my blessing. For getting back on track I would suggest focusing on one area at a time, wit the sleep first so you can get a clear head before tackling the others. You will get back on track we all have our moments. Have a good day!

Unknown said...

Lemonade it is!

I really like your new header picture. What the heck is that drink? I need one, stat.

Jessie said...

Its good to think of the good things, and try and fix what we do not like. Remember tomorrow is another day to try again!

That Pink Girl said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I respect and admire your attitude? Your positive outlook?
Cause I do.
A lot. A lot, a lot.
Thanks for the great reminder. And here's hoping you start getting some sleep!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food said...

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. I think your attitude toward it is awesome. We can always find things to be down about but it's so important to think of all of our blessings! Keep your chin up girl, things will get better soon.

BTW LOVE that pic of you at the top of the page! :)

stoppingfordaisies said...

Sorry to hear that things have been kinda rough but I love your positive attitude! things will totally get better.

Melting Candy said...

I FREAKING adore you!!!!! This post is what I needed to get my own ass in gear. Your an amazing girl and have tons of life & spirit in you! You already know what you need to do because it's already a part of you. It's normal to get off track but whats important is getting back in there. I have no doubt you can do this!