Summers kinda suck in my line of business. and then they kinda don't. It's like I have a love/hate relationship with them. I was an honors student in school. Back in the day there were certain subjects that were not offered in the "honors" level, like history, for example. So there was a noticeable difference between my regular history class and my honors math class, if that makes sense. Well 8 months out of the year my job would be classified as regulars and then about mid May to mid September it's honors. This means I am challenged which means I'm not bored. like at all. It also means longer hours and more stress, but it means a certain sense of pride, accomplishment, and empowerment as well. It's sort of a trade-off, I suppose. So, this post is not about complaining, but rather explaining and relishing in my weekend, so let's get back to that, shall we?
![]() |
| I know I'm ironically out of focus... |
Sunday was another lazy Sunday. Every once in a while those are great to have, but really what is this Kim going to do in less than 8 weeks when her 4th Half Marathon hits, eh? All I really did was meet up with mi familia again for a fantasmic dinner at Mia Bella (mmmm...) and then I did some grocery shopping and then I formulated my food, hydration, and revised half mary training plan before going to bed for my mandatory 7 hours.
I am starting to feel better - in mind, body, and spirit (well save for this stupid cough, but whatever...). A wise soul named Brittaney - check out her blog cuz she rocks - offered up a word of advice to me based on my last post - she said to focus on getting sleep so that my mind could be clear. Whoa buddy she was so right! What a world of difference when a girl gets 7 to 8 hours a night versus maybe 5! Sure some of it has been Nyquil-induced, but hey...who is keeping tabs as long as the end result is the same, right?!
Tomorrow, I may just be bold and daring and post my food, hydration, and revised half mary training plan if you promise not to judge me! ;)

4 comments:
I'd like to see your revised plan, I'm just a nerdy Kim like that.
Thanks for the permission to go to bed early. I need it too!
I would love to see your plan too! Keep us updated!! And so true about getting enough sleep, makes a world of difference (who woulda thought!)
Friends never judge, we offer encouragement and sometimes drinks!
Can't wait to eat chocolate and drink champagne with you in October!!!
Post a Comment