I had a lovely weekend, y'all. How about you?
Following my 5 miler on Saturday, I met up with 3 of my favorite girls for lunch.
The funny thing is that although Melissa, Lauren, and I are friends "in real life" and see each other as our lives permit, none of us had ever met That Pink Girl (TPG) "in real life" before Saturday and yet we consider her to be a dear friend.
TPG came into town to run the Houston Chevron Marathon. This was our opportunity to *finally* meet her. Since both TPG and Lauren are vegetarians and I'm currently following Phase 1 of South Beach, it made picking a restaurant interesting, to say the least. I googled "vegetarian friendly restaurants in Houston" and chose a link which named 5 restaurants. Of the 5, I narrowed our choices to 3 - The Hobbit Cafe, Baba Yega, and Ruggles Cafe and Bakery. I ended up deciding on The Hobbit Cafe since both Baba Yega and Ruggles Cafe had shrimp dishes that were antagonizing me since I can't eat shrimp until after my thyroid uptake test ends tomorrow.
We loved it! Such a cute concept for a restaurant! So many wonderful food options! I ordered the protein platter - a HUGE scoop of egg salad and a HUGE scoop of curry chicken salad (picked out the grapes since I'm not eating fruit right now) on a bed of green leaf lettuce with tomatoes. Then I added avocado cuz...um...why not?! I also loved that they had their iced tea of the day flavor. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was delicious - something like black currant cherry... OH...and the service was amazing! We were tucked back into a corner and had a nice 3 hour lunch discussing everything from running, blogging, and Tweeting, to our families, friends, and food.
After we ate, we had to take pictures for our respective blogs, don't ya know?! The one up top is of all 4 of us together - a kind Hobbit server was our camera man. Below is yours truly and TPG.
I can't wait to hang out with TPG again when I travel to her neck of the woods for my Dallas Rock 'n' Roll half at the end of March. =) I only hope Dallas serves up some better weather than Houston! =/



4 comments:
Aw, it was SO thoughtful of you to find a Veg friendly eatery. And you really picked a good one! Next time I'm in H-town I'll def be back at The Hobbit Cafe!
But now why am I going on and on about food - it was so good to finally meet Y'ALL!!! I wasn't sure if it would be weird or what. Not weird at all. (wait, was I weird? I tried hard to act normal, ha)
Y'all are a GREAT group of girls and I'm SO blessed to know you! Can't wait to see you in March!!!
So fun! I loved getting to hang out with some great girls! Great place o eat too...you picked well! :)
Looks like a super fun day! I understand the connection you feel with bloggy friends. I hope to meet some of them one day too. The food looked delish!
Such a fun day! I enjoyed it a lot. Great job Kim, on picking a fab place to dine. :)
and p.s. I am LOVING your new layout!!
Post a Comment