Friday, January 14, 2011

out with the old, in with the new

It started with me buying and using my very first Groupon.  I needed a new mattress so badly.  I blamed a lot of my upper back and shoulder issues on running, BUT I'm sure my mattress had something to do with it.  It was given to me from the parentals.  They purchased it for me following our house fire (lightening) back in the summer of '93, I believe.  I took it with me my junior year in college once I had the apartment.  It moved with me into my Houston apartment, and then it moved again into my house 10 1/2 years ago.  So, if you have mad math skillz like I do, that means my mattress was 17 1/2 years old.  Uh...yeah...that's bad. 

My $50 Groupon purchase got me $200 off a mattress / box spring set from Mattress Firm.  I went there on Sunday, 1/2, and got tested in their test bed for what kind of bed would be best for me...one with mild firmness.  All I knew is that I did NOT want too firm.  My parents have ridiculously firm beds in their house and I hate them (the beds, not my parents).  So, then I had to test out all kinds of beds in the store that the print out said would be just right for me.  I flopped around on my side and stomach on 6 different beds until I found mine.  It's a pillow top plush bed with memory foam and a certain level of firmness.  It's all mumbo jumbo to me, honestly.  I just liked the way it felt. 

The dudes delivered it on Tuesday, 1/4, and dragged my old set away.  This bed is much higher, so I worry about my poor Penelope (the blind one) getting on and off the bed.  We had to forego the puppy staircase and now we use the ottoman instead.  The memory foam is cool and weird, but it's a lovely bed and I've had such pleasant nights of sleep in it.  Ahhh...

just showing off my new area rug
Younger sister Linda decided she and her husband, Craig, are having a garage sale.  She asked if any of us wanted to sell anything.  I was thinking that since I got the new area rug for my living room and the new entrance way rug for Christmas that I could sell my old ones.  I'm not expecting to make big money or anything, but a few bucks never hurt anyone.  Then I got to thinking about how I really hate my couch.  I loved it when I bought it.  It is still comfy.  It's just that it has a tear in the leather (thanks, Delilah) and it's old and now I no longer like the color.  I had looked a few months ago at some couches...  Anyway, I got the idea in my head to sell my couch and love seat at the garage sale.  I have a big chair that sort of matches the set, but it's a couple of years newer and is hardly ever sat in, so I'm keeping it for the time being.  This meant...FURNITURE SHOPPING...one of my favorite things to do!

I started on-line just to get an idea.  Man, things are really expensive!  I just really didn't want to spend a whole lot, you know?!  I knew what style I was looking for and I knew kind of what color I wanted.  I mean I would love to have a dark brown leather, BUT I can't do that because I have dark wood floors and a dark entertainment center and dark tables, so I need to bring a little light into the picture.  After work on Monday, I went to Lifetime Furniture - a little corner store located near my office.  I had been in there before and was interested in a couple of things they had.  I walked in and told the saleswoman what I wanted.  She took me to the set I would come to purchase.  The color was right.  The price was right.  So, out with the old, in with the new...here are some pictures!


old sofa and love seat (beige)

new sofa and love seat (nutmeg) with the added bonus of Delilah


Oh and in case you are wondering what's next...I'm just fixing up my master bathroom.  I got most of the stuff for Christmas.  I will have to purchase a few items myself and get to work on that.  I have some other stuff in the house that needs to be hung up - decorations and whatnot, but I won't do that until I finally paint.  Oh how painting haunts me.  I've been meaning to do it for years now.  Someday...

180 comments:

Ginger said...

Ooooo, I likey the new furniture! It looks so elegant and grown up. I liked the old stuff, too, though. :)

Jessie said...

We also got a new bed and it is like laying on heaven. I love it! I have a lot of hip issues from my pregnancies and the new bed has really helped. Good luck! I hope your bed treats you equally as awesome!

Melissa-D said...

Very nice!! I really like your couches AND your new rug! Isn't new stuff so much fun!? I am looking forward to getting our new house, so we can get a new mattress!

The Turtle said...

We have a pillow top mattress and we have doggy stairs so our pup can make it up there.

Congrats on the new furniture!

That Pink Girl said...

so we all know that my brain just isn't functioning correctly these days. BUUUUUT, I looked at the photo and thought, "Huh, her NEW sofas look remarkably similar to her OLD sofas."

And then I realized you were just posting another pic of your old sofas. Duh.

Love the new furniture! Fabulous - you have such great taste! Those are so beautiful and classic. Yay for new furniture!!!

Rebekah said...

Love the colors, their so warm and welcoming.

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol no prescription tramadol 200 mg withdrawal - what does a generic tramadol look like

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod fedex tramadol hcl 50mg dosage - tramadol high review

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol uk where can i buy tramadol over the counter in the us - buy tramadol online overnight shipping

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online without a prescription tramadol 37.5 addiction - discount tramadol online

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol uk 250mg tramadol high - tramadol online buy

Anonymous said...

ativan pharmacy lorazepam 1mg compared xanax - benefits ativan vs xanax

Anonymous said...

order klonopin online klonopin vs xanax side effects - klonopin 2mg high

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online no prescription overnight online drugstore tramadol - buy tramadol online 100mg

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap soma tramadol high - buy tramadol online in usa

Anonymous said...

klonopin online klonopin high liver enzymes - klonopin and social anxiety disorder

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan rx 774 - side effects of ativan

Anonymous said...

tramadol online tramadol withdrawal hydrocodone - purchase cheap tramadol online

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol next day tramadol 50mg tablets side effects - buy tramadol online dogs

Anonymous said...

generic ativan ativan side effects heart - side effects of ativan 0.5mg

Anonymous said...

tramadol generic tramadol 50 mg max dosage - what is a normal dosage of tramadol for dogs

Anonymous said...

zolpidem 10 mg ambien and alcohol sleepwalking - ambien zoloft

Anonymous said...

online soma buy soma online overnight delivery - buy hgh - somatropin pills

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap online buy tramadol with visa - tramadol dosage medication

Anonymous said...

order tramadol online overnight tramadol hcl medication - get prescription online tramadol

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol india buy tramadol usa - buy tramadol online legit

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online klonopin and alcohol heart - klonopin for alcohol withdrawal

Anonymous said...

generic ambien ambien dosage in mg - purchase ambien no prescription

Anonymous said...

soma online buy soma online with no prescription - buy soma online no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol without prescription - best place buy tramadol online reviews

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight delivery tramadol for dogs empty stomach - tramadol hcl 93

Anonymous said...

klonopin online klonopin dosage recreational - klonopin dosage half life

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap deal tramadol addiction - buy tramadol online overnight shipping

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tablets how to buy tramadol online - buy prescription ultram

Anonymous said...

generic ambien buy genuine ambien - ambien cr keeps me awake

Anonymous said...

buy somas online soma medication controlled substance - best place buy soma

Anonymous said...

tramadol online tramadol online us - tramadol hcl 50mg narcotic

Anonymous said...

ambien for sale ambien side effects cancer - ambien cr withdrawal side effects

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight tramadol dosage and side effects - high on tramadol 50 mg

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online klonopin get you high - max dose of klonopin for anxiety

Anonymous said...

buying ambien online philips flat tv ambien light - ambien dosage 20 mg safe

Anonymous said...

buy cheap ativan ativan while nursing - ativan price per pill

Anonymous said...

soma medication soma embraceable bra - soma san diego music

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online klonopin online cheap - klonopin safe dosage

Anonymous said...

generic ambien ambienoverdose.org - side effects for ambien 10mg

Anonymous said...

generic ambien ambien no prescription - buy ambien from us

Anonymous said...

ambien online purchase generic ambien kmart - ambience mall gurgaon images

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol order tramadol online mastercard - tramadol online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy viagra in chicago buy viagra no prescription uk - viagra online nederland

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online reviews buy tramadol online no prescription overnight - legit tramadol online

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online online ambien music radio - buy ambien online with prescription

Anonymous said...

buy viagra with paypal buy viagra online cheap category - buy viagra zimbabwe

Anonymous said...

soma muscle generic soma 2410 - soma for sale online

Anonymous said...

buy viagra online buy viagra karachi - viagra 36 hour

Anonymous said...

ambien 10mg cost of ambien cr generic - effexor xr ambien cr

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien euphoria - ambien overdose toxicology

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol online tramadol addiction - order tramadol online to florida

Anonymous said...

buy viagra los angeles generic viagra soft tabs 100mg - generic viagra gel

Anonymous said...

generic viagra 50mg buy viagra online rx - viagra+buy+pharmacy

Anonymous said...

ambien for sale online ambien cr zoloft - ambience mall gurgaon length

Anonymous said...

buy viagra usa buy cheap viagra in australia - viagra grapefruit

Anonymous said...

viagra online tosh.0 viagra - online pharmacy for generic viagra

Anonymous said...

klonopin without prescription klonopin withdrawal schedule - therapeutic dosage klonopin

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien yahoo answers - embarrassing ambien stories

Anonymous said...

buy viagra viagra online reputable - viagra discount

Anonymous said...

cialis online cialis 36 hour - препарат cialis

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma quarry - soma sleepwear sale

Anonymous said...

buy viagra online overnight viagra interactions - purchase viagra adelaide

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma bras and panties - online soma prescription

Anonymous said...

viagra online purchase female viagra online - best place buy generic viagra forum

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription buy tramadol cod - much tramadol overdose dog

Anonymous said...

buy viagra professional buy cheap viagra online next day delivery - order viagra super active+

Anonymous said...

cheap generic viagra buy viagra super active online - buy viagra no prescription online

Anonymous said...

buy viagra buy viagra online from uk - viagra online uk pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap online tramadol hcl nsaid - tramadol drug

Anonymous said...

cialis sale generic cialis fda approved - buy cialis online with paypal

Anonymous said...

how to buy viagra online without buy viagra online japan - cheap viagra generic 100mg

Anonymous said...

viagra online buy viagra online fast delivery - generic viagra versus brand viagra

Anonymous said...

cialis professional cialis daily safe - cialis online order

Anonymous said...

buy viagra next day delivery can i buy viagra online yahoo answers - buy viagra uk only

Anonymous said...

viagra online buy viagra online australia paypal - how to purchase viagra in canada

Anonymous said...

tramadol online tramadol withdrawal itching - generic name of tramadol

Anonymous said...

viagra no prescription overnight delivery viagra and women - buy viagra with mastercard

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol without rx troy hill pharmacy online tramadol - cheap tramadol next day

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol no prescription where to buy tramadol online safely - cheapest place buy tramadol

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol without a script is tramadol for dogs a narcotic - tramadol withdrawal alcohol

Anonymous said...

discount propecia generic propecia forum - propecia side effects children

Anonymous said...

buy viagra online viagra youtube channel - ranbaxy viagra for women

Anonymous said...

legal buy tramadol online buy tramadol saturday delivery - can you buy tramadol over the counter in the us

Anonymous said...

propecia for sale propecia results receding hairline - is a generic version of propecia available

Anonymous said...

order cialis online cialis 30 day price - buy brand cialis online

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol legal buy tramadol online united states - buy tramadol online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

buy retin a no prescription retin a micro for acne reviews - safe buy retin usa

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight tramadol hcl 50mg for dogs - buy tramadol online without prescriptions

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol next day tramadol 50 mg dosage - tramadol for dogs long term use

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol 50mg tablets an 627 - tramadol online us pharmacy

Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol online yahoo - tramadol hcl versus tramadol

Anonymous said...

propecia online there no generic propecia - propecia side effects yahoo

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol hcl ultracet - how to order tramadol

Anonymous said...

generic finasteride propecia reviews side effects - propecia 6 weeks

Anonymous said...

retin a buy online retin a cream good or bad - retin a micro gel prescribing information

Anonymous said...

tramadol 50mg tramadol online no prescription needed - tramadol for dogs with pancreatitis

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 order tramadol australia - buy tramadol online pay cod

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol can buy tramadol legally - tramadol n024

Anonymous said...

generic tramadol tramadol withdrawal emily - tramadol for dogs dosage chart

Anonymous said...

tramadol 50mg tramadol and xanax - tramadol dosage medication

Anonymous said...

tramadol online pharmacy clonazepam tramadol high - tramadol no high

Anonymous said...

buy retin-a online retin a micro and moisturizer - buy retin a online usa

Anonymous said...

where to buy tramadol online buy tramadol online usa - aspirin vs tramadol for dogs

Anonymous said...

purchase tramadol tramadol online health solutions - tramadol ultram uses

Anonymous said...

order viagra online buy viagra now net - anyone ever buy viagra online

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol online inrikes - buy tramadol prescription

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100mg tramadol online next day - buy tramadol hydrochloride online

Anonymous said...

cheap viagra buy viagra online europe - buy viagra online us next day delivery

Anonymous said...

buy cialis target pharmacy price cialis - cialis 10mg online

Anonymous said...

order viagra 40 viagra 99 - viagra use instructions

Anonymous said...

tramadol 50 mg can you really buy tramadol online - buy tramadol hong kong

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol tramadol 50mg for pets - tramadol hcl with alcohol

Anonymous said...

cheap cialis cialis online daily - cialis vs viagra price

Anonymous said...

buy viagra does viagra work on all men - buy viagra online now

Anonymous said...

buy cialis from canada generic cialis shipped from usa - generic cialis kopen

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol no rx - lowest dosage tramadol

Anonymous said...

generic viagra viagra cialis online pharmacy - ok buy viagra online

Anonymous said...

generic viagra reputable online pharmacy viagra - viagra for men buy online in us

Anonymous said...

buy cialis generic buy cialis cheap canada - cialis what does it do

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol 50 mg online pharmacy - tramadol online overnight mastercard

Anonymous said...

cialis for sale cialis samples - internetdrugcoupons.com/cialis-coupon

Anonymous said...

cheap viagra cheap viagra brand - best place buy viagra online reviews

Anonymous said...

generic cialis no prescription buy generic cialis generic cialis - buy cialis

Anonymous said...

buy viagra cheap most reliable online pharmacy viagra - buy viagra online in the usa

Anonymous said...

generic viagra viagra buy dubai - viagra online argentina

Anonymous said...

buy cialis online no prescription buy cialis saudi arabia - cheap cialis 40 mg

Anonymous said...

generic cialis cialis online in usa - cheap cialis canadian

Anonymous said...

buy somas online generic soma online - soma ergonomics

Anonymous said...

viagra online how to buy viagra online - order viagra+cialis us

Anonymous said...

buy cialis cialis shelf life - how to buy cialis in australia

Anonymous said...

generic viagra online cheap quick viagra - easy buy viagra online

Anonymous said...

viagra online buy cheap viagra online usa - viagra dosage vs cialis

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma 350 mg is used for - soma drug while pregnant

Anonymous said...

viagra online buy viagra us boots - viagra online us overnight

Anonymous said...

soma drug drug interaction soma vicodin - soma underwear online shop

Anonymous said...

buy soma online generic soma 446 - buy qualitest soma online

Anonymous said...

viagra online viagra side effects - online pharmacy viagra fast delivery

Anonymous said...

cheap generic viagra order generic viagra forum - purchase viagra 100mg

Anonymous said...

buy cialis generic cialis bangkok - how to buy cialis online

Anonymous said...

soma online buy soma online overnight delivery - soma labs

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma prescription - buy generic soma no prescription

Anonymous said...

soma sale soma san diego theater - cheap soma overnight no prescription

Anonymous said...

soma medication soma 1984 - buy 120 soma online

Anonymous said...

retin-a online retin a cream .25 - retin a .05 cream 40 grams

Anonymous said...

buy somas buy soma online pharmacy - some discount code

Anonymous said...

soma online soma bras san diego - buy soma online us pharmacy

Anonymous said...

soma online soma plant - generic form of soma

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma osteopathic - soma muscle relaxer info

Anonymous said...

soma generic soma god - cheapest soma online no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma function - buy somatropin hgh online

Anonymous said...

where to buy retin a buy retin london - where to buy retin a cream online

Anonymous said...

buy retin-a online retin a micro ingredients - retin a micro vs epiduo

Anonymous said...

buy soma cheapest soma no prescription - online soma cube

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 safe order tramadol online - tramadol online to florida

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol hcl 100 mg iran chemie pharma - cheap tramadol online usa

Anonymous said...

retin a online pharmacy retin-a micro is used for - where to buy retin a cream

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cash on delivery tramadol online no prescription - tramadol 50 mg recreational

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol hydrochloride uk - buy tramadol buy cod

Anonymous said...

retin a online retin a buy online no prescription - buy generic retin a online

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod fedex buy tramadol cod online - safest place buy tramadol online

Anonymous said...

buy retin a retin a micro gel .1 - buy retin a micro australia

Anonymous said...

tramadol without prescription cheap tramadol on line - tramadol hcl-acetaminophen zen

Anonymous said...

buy retin a retin-a 500mcg - buy retin a australia

Anonymous said...

can you buy tramadol online legally tramadol hcl 50mg reviews - buy tramadol 100mg

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol online from india - buy tramadol online no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no rx tramadol online sales - buy tramadol online yahoo

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol with mastercard tramadol dosage women - buy tramadol uk

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight shipping tramadol dosage guide - maximum dosage tramadol 24 hours

Anonymous said...

purchase tramadol tramadol dosage human - tramadol online with no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol with cod buy tramadol injection - tramadol online illegal

Anonymous said...

tramadol online tramadol 100mg/1ml - buy tramadol online cod no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription overnight tramadol addiction withdrawal symptoms - buy tramadol us pharmacy

Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol without a script - can i buy tramadol over the counter usa

Anonymous said...

best buy tramadol just pills order tramadol online - tramadol for dogs in usa