I was really really gonna try soooo hard to get 8 to 9 miles in during the week. Monday night, as I mentioned in my last blog, I did 3.1 humidified miles. Then, on Tuesday, I made it 2.1 miles. I should have kept going, but I was seriously worried about drowning in my own sweat. I might have had a few sips of it accidentally. Ewww....gross!
I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but it is really terribly humid right now. I mean I can handle normal humidity...this is above and beyond. It is also so hard to run in the evenings after working all day. I have such appreciation for my Saturday MORNING runs now. I am so much lighter on my feet. I have so much more energy. I have such fewer aches and pains. What a difference the day makes, y'all.
I knew I was taking last night off...I had plans to meet my friend Kim for dinner. We had not seen each other in 3 months! I also had plans for dinner tonight, so I figured I should get up and run on the treadmill this morning. The goal was 3 miles despite the fact that I have never run more than 1 at a time. While at dinner with Kim last night, my dinner plans for tonight got postponed. That meant I would not have to wake up early this morning and that I could get in my run tonight. Yeah right. After putting in 10 1/2 stressful hours at the office, dealing with some water retention issues (swollen ankles...um...cankles, if you will), and a very bad attitude towards this humidity, I just can't make myself leave my couch. I, my friends, am lazy. I suppose So You Think You Can Dance being on isn't helping. I mean I have DVR, but I'm in instant gratification kinda girl.
Now I will most likely struggle once again to reach my goal mileage on Saturday because I'm not going to hit my weakly mileage goal. I'm disappointed in myself. This is what I get for training for a half during a Houston summer while working in the moving business. Oye.
3 comments:
Last year I was in texas with my hubby while he worked there and oh my! HOW could you run in Texas!? I swear I could barely make it from the car to target! whew! I am as of tomorrow getting on that treadmill... that is in front on the TV with the air conditioner behind it! No excuse not to be on it.
The humidity is killer here now too. I can't even handle a mile in it. I thinkyou are doing amazing. Don't let it get you down that you haven't hit your goals. Next week is a new week and hopefully better weather will come along!
It's mental...it's ALL MENTAL! If you start saying now that it's going to be hard to reach your goal on Saturday, then it WILL be hard. Who cares that you didn't reach your goal this week. Think about what you DID DO!! I typically had a very hard time running more than 2 miles during the week - AFTER WORK,IN THE HEAT! It's STILL an accomplishment. You are doing great!!
Post a Comment