Friday, June 25, 2010

Procrastination Pays Off...right?

I don't want to embarrass myself by telling you how long there has been a problem with my home security system.  Let's just say it's been a while and carry on from there.  There has been a red angry light staring me down from the key pad.  There has been a beeping sound that starts at a specific time and then continues every so many seconds until I press the "cancel" button.  It reoccurs every 24 hours.  At first, it was no big thing because it was happening at like 6pm, so I would be eating dinner and I would just have to press "cancel" and all would be well again (minus the angry red light) until 24 hours later.  Then, something would happen...like maybe I wouldn't be home at 6pm because I went home at lunch time to let my dogs go potty so that I could meet a friend for dinner.  This meant I got home around 8pm or so.  No big deal...I would just turn off the awful beeping sound then.  BUT then something would happen like I'd be out late on a weekend and next thing you know, I have the alarm sounding off at 3am.  Do you have any idea how obnoxious it is to have to drag yourself out of bed every night at 3am to press "cancel" and then go back to bed WITH 2 DOGS, no less?!  Apparently not obnoxious enough that I ever called to get the problem fixed.  ;P

This brings us to Wednesday night...er...Thursday morning.  I have been soooo stressed out from work.  I have been just drained like the life has been sucked out of me.  Normally I'm a super light sleeper.  Not lately.  I sleep like the dead, y'all.    So, apparently, I slept through 45 minutes of beeping or something dramatic like that and finally got up at 4:17am to shut up the beeps.  I then went back to bed.  On Thursday night...er....Friday morning, around the same time, my dogs decided they had to go potty.  I looked at my cell phone (cuz I don't have a clock in my room - it would ruin my decor) and noticed that any minute now the evil beeps would be starting, so I couldn't even get mad at the dogs because I would have had to get up anyway.  I got them both outside and went into the laundry room in preparation of cancellation when I took note that the red angry light was magically green serene.  WHAT?!  Whatever, dude, I'm going back to bed.  I collected my pups and we headed back to bed.  When I woke up for real to my designated wake-up song (Brad Paisley's She's Everything), I checked out the key pad again and sure enough...green serene.  I don't get it.  Did the alarm system magically fix itself?  Was I in a chicken fight with Broadview and they wimped out?  This is soooo reminiscent of my trickster hipster and how it decided to mend itself.

Lesson learned:  If you hold out long enough, a problem will fix itself (I think).   Yeah right.

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

Awesome! Now...how come none of my broken stuff at home fixes itself? Mine just gets worse! Ha.

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

I'm going to start following that philosophy! Let the broken fixing begin!