Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bye Bye Junebug

This is a picture of Cliff - he is one of my garden gnomes.  Norm is on the other side of the walkway leading up to my front door, in case you were wondering.

I'm kinda glad to see June go.  I'm going to welcome July with open arms and a flirty wink! So, let's talk about why I wasn't a raving fan of June's.

1.  My mileage sucked.
2.  My anxiety/stress levels were sky high.
3.  Didn't get my friend fix
4.  Allergies
5.  Heat & Humidity
6.  Didn't blog as much as I would have liked.

The anxiety and stress are work related.  I have been working longer hours.  The work has been draining which leaves me burnt out - mentally.  I used to get together with friends a couple times a week for dinners or tv shows, but there doesn't seem to be time to do that right now.  The heat and humidity are huge energy suckers, too.  Really, if you look at my list it is quite obvious that they are all interconnected.

As soon as midnight hits tonight, June is gone for good and I get a fresh start with July.  What a way to begin a month - a 3-day weekend and a 9 day retreat at my parent's house!  I am going to focus on that list I created on Monday to help me find some balance in this cRaZy life.

Guess what I totally forgot to celebrate?  My 10 year anniversary in my house!  When I decided to work for my dad, we both decided I needed to move out of his house (I had moved in after graduating from Texas A&M in May '99).  I moved into my very own apartment on July 31, 1999.  On Easter Sunday of 2000, my parents and I were looking at houses.  We found what was to be my home...it was a new build, but it was all locked up.  My mom said we would just have to come back another day.  My dad noticed there was a broken window and insisted on climbing through it to open the door for my mom and I.  My mother was disgusted with our "breaking and entering" but was eventually persuaded to partake in our "criminal activities."  We walked through the house and I knew it was perfect.  The next day, I made some phone calls.   I closed on Reuben (yes, I name everything) on June 23, 2000.  I was 23 years old.  My home is my sanctuary - it is beautiful, it is peaceful, and I'm so thankful to have it to come home to.

So, saddle up my little ponies...let's get ready to charge into July with some big cheesy grins and nothin' but good times ahead!

6 comments:

LaShaune said...

Honey (sorry for the familiarity), you aren't alone in being glad June is gone. I'm so ready for my mini-vac at the end of July, the upcoming 3-day w/e to get my house in order (yours is super cute and I love the fact at your dad has a bit of criminal element - mine is very similiar). Heck, I'm even enjoying this faux rain (I say faux b/c it's rained in the med center and completely skipped my house just 10 miles south!).

So chin up...here comes July.

That Pink Girl said...

Happy Housiversary!!!

Sarah said...

I love it! June sucked for me too, so I'll chin up with you and hope for a better July. OH, and can I just invite myself over to your parents house one day that your there for swimming? Because, ya, I'm so like that.

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

Reuben is gorgeous! I totally condone you and your father's behavior! I would have done the same thing. July will be so much better girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your home anniversary. I'm right there with you and happy that it is a new month!

Melissa-D said...

I agree...June was definitely not a good month for you! I didn't get to see you nearly enough! July must make that different! Let's celebrate by hanging out this Saturday! : )