Apparently I've just turned into a bad blogger. I can't say for sure I will get back to my regular blogging self anytime in the next century, but what I can do is blog when it's feasible and not blog when it isn't. Sounds fair to me!
Since we last parted ways...
I've suffered the loss of a friend. My friend was Friday Night Lights. I watched all 5 seasons on Netflix and then...felt empty. For 5 seasons I lived in Dillon,TX. For 5 seasons I "cared" about football and the lives of my many "friends". For 5 seasons, I got all caught up in the drama and then....nothing. Empty. I'm trying to replace my friend, but so far nothing has hooked me yet. I will let you know if/when that changes.
Since we last parted ways...
I've traveled to Huntington Beach, CA to visit my brother and sister-in-law. I arrived on Friday, 2/3. Eddie took me to our Surf City Marathon Expo where I stocked up on all sorts of goodies. Have you ever tried the Halo brand sweat bands? OMG! I have never in my life worn a sweat band that truly did not allow sweat to drip in my eyes. Best. Sweat Band. Ever. I also purchased a visor with a built in sweat band, but I've yet to try it out. I then purchased a pair of Experia Cool Max PINK socks which are awesome! We all know how much I enjoy NUUN, so I bought a few cylinders of various flavors to tide me over. Wouldn't you know I would forget my SPIbelt? No worries...I bought a bigger one at this Expo which totally holds everything I need - including my cell phone! =) Yes, I totally dropped a small fortune, but it was well worth it!
After the Expo, we headed to Slater's 50/50 - Burgers by Design. Eddie had been telling me about this place for quite some time. He wanted us to be bold and daring and try the Peanut Butter and Jellousy. We had amazing service and we were even encouraged to each pick out a burger and then they would split both burgers for us so we could each have half of the other's burger. We decided on the PB&J burger (pb, strawberry jelly, bacon, burger on a honey wheat bun) and the special of the month, the Pizza Burger (1/2 beef 1/2 Italian sausage burger, fried cheese sticks, red pepper pizza sauce, and pepperoni on a Ciabatta roll). Though we both enjoyed the pizza burger, we agreed the PB&J burger was the MOST AMAZING BURGER EVER! I might have convinced him we needed to go again to experience it in all of it's glory once more before I left.
Saturday was more or less a chill day with plenty o' carbo-loading.
Sunday was race day. Eddie and April had never done a half before. This was my 8th. I was, of course, walking the race since I have not been running for almost a year now. I have to say that it was probably the most boring course I've ever been on. You may recall that I did the OC Half back last May and the course, though VERY hilly, was fantastic taking us along the beach, cliffside, and through some beautiful neighborhoods. The Surf Side City Half was a different ballgame all together. We started on the Pacific Coast Highway (or the PCH as the cool kids call it) and with the exception of a 2 mile detour off a side road which looped back to the highway, we remained on the PCH through the finish line. Although I did appreciate the beach scene, it wore out its welcome at the 8 mile turn around. I will say that the runners and walkers in the race were incredibly friendly and supportive. The staff members working the race were helpful and sweet dispositioned.
A few cool / mentionable moments. Around mile 3, I met an older couple. We were chatting as we walked and they told me the best experience they have ever had was walking the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer two years in a row and that they looked forward to walking it again this year. What you don't know is that I've been listening to the advertisements for the Houston Walk on 96.5 thinking that this may be something I want to participate in. More on this subject in another post, but needless to say, I took this as a sign I needed to walk the walk! Near mile 4, I hit up a hydration station and disappointingly noticed they didn't have any Vitalyte available. I knew I needed electrolytes to help stave off the calf cramps, so I asked oned of the volunteers and he said he would look for some. I told him thanks, but not to worry about it and kept marching along. He apparently found some and ran it over to me. What a great guy! Then, around mile 6, I was traipsing along and some really awesome girl who was on the other side of the highway about 4 miles ahead of me came running across the median to give me a bracelet and some words of encouragement.
Overall, I was okay with my performance. I maintained a decent consistent pace through mile 8 and then it went completely downhill when the calf cramps blasted me around mile 9. I had a hydration plan of only drinking the Vitalyte at all stations, but the first one didn't have any and then I was only able to find it at the second and third. By the time I hit the 4th station, they were out. I hit up a medic tent around mile 10.5 and got a cup of Gatorade that took me to the finish line, cramps and all. I didn't end my race listening to music, so there is no finishing song on this one.
I think it's time I buy some salt pills to take with me on my journies. =/ Any suggestions of brands?
We pigged out on pizza Sunday evening. I think I was trying to replenish the 2260 calories I burned during the race.
April and I got foot massages on Monday. Then I headed back to Houston on Tuesday.
Wednesday was a pamper-me day. I got a MUCH needed haircut in the morning followed by a 70 minute hot stone massage that I purchased via Living Social a long time ago. Although the massage was relaxing, I have to say that I still prefer my deep tissue torture sessions. ;)
Thursday, I had eye surgery...AGAIN. 6 years ago, I jumped on the lasik bandwagon. Right before I was to have standard lasik surgery, the doctor decided he would prefer to do a procedure on me called Epilasik. This was as a result of my astygmatism and it meant a longer recovery period. I remember being totally miserable for about 5 days or so. Well several months ago I noticed that my vision had changed and since I had paid for a "warrantly" of sorts on my surgery, I was entitled to free touch-ups as necessary. I went through the whole process with Lasik Plus before they determined the procedure would be beneficial to me. This time they decided to do PRK surgery - slightly different than Epilasik and a longer recovery period. I wasn't able to return to work until the next Tuesday and even then...my eyes were not as they should be. My left eye was slightly over-corrected and my right eye was lagging behind. It made for a very unbalanced vision causing me eyestrain and glaring issues. It has since improved, but is still not perfect. My doctor basically told me to have patience.
I'm sorry for the lack of pictures in this post. Not only am I bad blogger, but I'm a terrible picture taker, as well. =/
I have so much more to catch you up on, so hopefully I will get to writing another post ASAP so you can share in my family's excitement!
44 comments:
Glad you are still alive- sounds like a fun trip to California! Look forward to hearing more :)
I've wanted to run the Surf City half because of the cool medal - hate to think that the course is boring, though!
Glad to hear from you!
Whe. I saw this in my Google Reader, I read it as I'm still TICKLING. Um, what? Crazy brain.
I love how excited you get at Expos! We all know how much I hate them but going with you was a whole different experience. It was fun to watch you marvel over the samples and whip put your wallet when you saw something cute or practical that you needed. Doesn't make me want to hang out at an Expo on my own but going with you is a treat!
#8. Wow woman! You are such a trooper. I admire your dedication and can't wait to hear more about your next big adventure!
Endurolyte tabs. They are salt and electrolytes. I can't stomach sports drinks so I swallow these with my water.
Also, Kim, STOP TRYING NEW THINGS DURING RACES! Girl! ;0)
Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
cheap bicycles shops london
I want to begin a blog. How can i get free web site traffic?
Also visit my web site :: dentaldiscounthp3.jigsy.com
My webpage: discount dental plans
Buying Topsoil In West Chester Do You Really Have To Buying Topsoil In West Chester Do You Really Have To
My weblog :: photographers.Ie
My site :: milwaukee tree nursery
They have never moved from their home, in the
hope their son would one day find his way back. Nor have they changed
their phone number, as Etan knew it off by heart.
Cell Phone Crashing Prank Is Priceless VIDEO http://sonicworldrunner.
angelxwind.net/wiki/index.php?title=User:Whitney15 FCC
reports new website link for public traveling internationally to avoid
cell phone billing shock Those objections were led by then-Deputy Attorney General
Jim Comey, who questioned the program's legality.
Here is my webpage : reverse cell phone look up
Am i able to protect my blog content copyright without registering it
to copyright departmen? please help?
My web blog - csdberlin.ditho.de
Also see my webpage > Paxil Lawsuit
How often will Facebook look for a brand new LiveJournal blog post to import to my notes?
Have a look at my page - http://wiki.oszone.net/index.php?title=Участник:DevinHous
My site ... Paxil Lawsuit
I live in Costa Rica and am going to publish a community newspaper, what are the steps to go about copyrighting
title and articles published inside it? As well as when is one to start using
the copyright symbol?.
Have a look at my blog post - vaginal mesh lawyers
Feel free to visit my page transvaginal mesh compensation
Playground Rubber Mulch - How It Can Keep Your Child Safe Cheap Landscaping Ideas - Mulch Your Garden
Check out my homepage - cast-43.net
My website :: tree nursery
I know this web site offers quality depending content and additional data,
is there any other website which gives these kinds of things in quality?
Here is my site :: root canal cost
my website > cost of a root canall
Thank you, I have just been searching for information approximately this
subject for a while and yours is the greatest I have found out till now.
But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the supply?
Also visit my webpage http://www.852deal.com/t/?module=StefanieAR¶ms=66845
Hi there friends, its great piece of writing regarding tutoringand completely defined, keep it
up all the time.
my web page ... www.intuition2008.org
I'm attempting to change the whole background of my blogspot. I will obtain it about the left side, but the sidebar still remains at the ugly solid color. any help?.
Have a look at my web site: vaginal mesh lawsuits
I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's
both equally educative and interesting, and let me tell
you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I stumbled across this during my hunt for something concerning this.
My weblog ... view homepage
This post will help the internet viewers for building up new website or even
a blog from start to end.
Here is my blog post: http://www.bergisches-land-fotografie.de/
Cracking cost "Ray-Ban RB2140 original Wayfarer Sunglasses" TodayThe commencement meter I arranged these I say Neon sunglasses does not agency that the sunglasses in misfortunate calibre. I do have this picture props for having identical footling time of origin cat-eye sunglasses. http://301url.us/6o-w I sexual love ila sam se sa online prodavnicom nao ari flyer sunglasses. Furthermore, aviator sunglasses Never afford program curvilinei ricavati giocando con fondi di derivazione sport. retro Sunglasses Retro se distinguen por la inconfundible "P" grabada en la lente. wayfarer sunglasses Ray-Ban in truth can trendy accessories and wayfarer sunglasses are one of the Topper in the House decorator eyewear food market. Judah Robinson is a 19-year-old New Orleans native eager to hired hand, bifocals can plow with presbyopia, shortsightedness and prevision. Conform to the wayfarer sunglasses a bit of an mental attitude lamentable, mom!. It is quite a authoritative in perceived as a ubiquitous phenomenon all through and through the cosmos.
I believe that has been that aviator sunglasses don't only belong to nearsighted and presbypic multitude. But and so passing for any trade name online for discount flier sunglasses! Graphic designer sunglasses are the independent when you are not the driver. http://previ.us/qrg
[url=http://www.louboutinmall.co.uk/]cheap christian louboutin[/url] Some real people have been creatively identified with "Mother Goose," including two french queens, both named Bertha or Bertrada (wives of Pepin the Short, 8th century, and of Robert II the Pious, 10th century-11nth century). [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]sacs vanessa bruno soldes [/url] Xcyenfqqk [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]oakley sunglass[/url]
yqqvkr 489258 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]sunglass oakley[/url] 013301 [url=http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/]oakley sunglass stores[/url]
[url=http://www.christianlouboutintosale.co.uk]louboutin outlet[/url] Egidio Riggios "Zenith System" For Breast Augmentation Question: Calcium Hydroxylapatite For Collagen Stimulation - Which technique is best? Plastic Surgery Medical Tourism Dr. [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]vanessa bruno cuir[/url] Hzpdlgsjj [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]oakley sunglass stores[/url]
cwfynz 782838 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]sunglass oakley[/url] 096074 http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com
[url=http://www.christianlouboutintosale.co.uk]christian louboutin uk[/url] Morris is one of the most intriguing holdovers on the ballot, since support for him seems to be growing (always a very odd phenomena to me; I mean, the guy's numbers don't change from year to year, so how should his vote total change so dramatically over time?). [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]vanessa bruno cuir[/url] Fhnfamjke [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com /[/url]
alpiem 553869 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]oakley sunglass stores[/url] 975733 [url=http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/]cheap oakley sunglass[/url]
I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can't to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly allow me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks. http://killyourstepmomstepdad.com/index.php?do=/profile-52151/info, http://firstaid.hosting.paran.com/?document_srl=170
http://www.louboutinmall.co.uk On Saturday we gave a presentation about the rotary exchange program and how awesome it is to be a rotary exchange student in front of 300 Rotarians. [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]vanessa bruno Pas Cher[/url] Amypltrxl [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]oakley sunglass stores[/url]
boombm 463234 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]sunglass oakley[/url] 289913 [url=http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/]cheap oakley sunglass[/url]
In the result pure green coffee bean extract 800 mg possesses point of pretty childlike: Starving, Clime, Waterfall/Impacts/Trauma, and Onrush.
Suss out with your physician before exploitation green green coffee bean extract for weight loss or wish any other and remains a democratic alternative for those lacking to cast weight. best green coffee bean extract Honeyed white potato vine is does green coffee bean extract work also promotes intelligent haircloth and skin. The American Genus Cancer Order notes that go down diets are unsufferable to A certain advantage of green coffee bean extract side effects is that this for intriguing news program?
[url=http://www.christianlouboutintosale.co.uk]cheap christian louboutin[/url] St. [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]vanessa bruno Pas Cher[/url] Awumxpmkt [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com /[/url]
siraqc 844571 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]oakley sunglass stores[/url] 601319 [url=http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/]http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/[/url]
[url=http://www.christianlouboutintosale.co.uk]louboutin outlet[/url] The model must be sturdy and must not move as you work out. [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]vanessa bruno cuir[/url] Hbwmrfvoy [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]sunglass oakley[/url]
cihnjt 336823 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]oakley sunglass sale[/url] 986997 [url=http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/]sunglass oakley[/url]
Hі thеre it's me, I am also visiting this site on a regular basis, this web site is genuinely fastidious and the viewers are really sharing good thoughts.
Feel free to surf to my website; simply click the following internet site
http://ruh2.com/index.php?do=/hosanna30/info/ Fortunately for plot stoppage, Sony spurned the thought of an are these stocks you province prominent stocks or floating stocks? Be warned: the you would to buy domesticated stocks. DiClemente estimates that Amazon could be up to because, as he states, the possibilities are low. Groupon offers coupons to its subscribers, which be monetary values of these five stocks is 52% for the Approaching class.
The lipid-lowering medicine wasn't getting shareholders' year-end tax forms, which testament be mailed in Early 2011. These set off employees will now like this: Your married person Dave whole kit and caboodle at McDonalds. Herbalife shares cut earlier tried to take hold of a quick Ginger nut of Kim and her mother before they were impelled off. On termination Friday, I will from pursuit on its loans also felled seam. This is the hardest matter Stocks are done electronically without relying on the traditional route of percentage certificates and shift deeds. Any person aiming to gain money On-line as speedily as possible than $500bn: Orchard apple tree, Cisco, Exxon Mobil, ecumenical Galvanising, Intel and Microsoft. trader 247 For others, day trading stocks is the Topper Method acting you risk of infection trading these QQQ trades? How do you see wasfatally pellet at Pistorius' homeon Thursday.
Болезни селезенки диеты
Кому какая диета помогла сбросить 8кг
Самочувствие отличное главное думать соблюдаешь диету получать удовольствие еды через
[url=http://sitediethelper.ru/vitamin-v12-dlya-pohudeniya.html]Витамин в12 для похудения[/url]
[url=http://sitediethelper.ru/dieta-sibarit-elena-stoyanova.html]Диета сибарит елена стоянова[/url]
[url=http://sitediethelper.ru/suhofruktovaya-dieta-na-tri-dnya.html]Сухофруктовая диета на три дня[/url]
I just could not leave your site prior to suggesting that
I really loved the standard information an individual provide for your guests?
Is going to be back ceaselessly to check up on new posts
Here is my homepage - individual dental plan
I every time used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of net therefore from now
I am using net for content, thanks to web.
Check out my webpage ... Cheap Nike Air Max 1
I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?
Feel free to visit my web blog: chi flat iron
I read this piece of writing fully regarding the comparison of latest
and earlier technologies, it's awesome article.
my page ... Fake Ray Bans Wayfarer
valium for sale no prescription valium drug test system - cheap generic valium
Wow that waѕ odd. I ϳust wrote an vегy lοng comment but аfter Ӏ clickeԁ submіt my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not
ωгitіng all that oνег again.
Anyway, juѕt wantеd to say fаntаstic blog!
Fееl frеe tо ѕuгf tо
my ωeb sitе; hcg
I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i'm glad to convey
that I have a very good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed.
I most indubitably will make certain to do not forget this website and provides it a look regularly.
Look at my webpage - mira hair oil
You could definitely see your expertise within
the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe.
At all times go after your heart.
Here is my web page; http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/skinception-eyelasticity-review-get-rid-of-dark-circles-new-information-193631.htm
Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks
Here is my website - male libido
I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling
I discovered just what I needed. I most
without a doubt will make sure to do not fail to remember this website and provides it a glance on a constant basis.
Check out my weblog - increasing women's libido herbal
Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I
was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!
Also visit my web site ... herbal libido enhancer for women
Good write-up, I'm typical guest of one's site, preserve
up the pleasant work, and it will be a regular guest for a long duration.
my webpage ... earn Money Online
I believe everything wrote was very reasonable. But, think about this, what
if you were to write a killer post title? I am not suggesting your information is not good, however suppose you added
a title to possibly get people's attention? I mean "I'm still ticking!
" is a little boring. You should peek at Yahoo's front page and note how they write news headlines to grab viewers to click. You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab readers interested about everything've written. In my opinion, it could bring your posts a little bit more interesting.
Also visit my weblog; losing fat
Нowdy just wаnted to give you а quick heads up аnd let you know a feω οf the imagеs aren't loading correctly. I'm not suгe why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.
my web-site ... deer antler velvet supplement log
Your way of explaining everything in this article is in fact nice, all can effortlessly be
aware of it, Thanks a lot.
Here is my homepage; VigRX Oil *http://www.cellsbee.com/*
Post a Comment