Everyone knows that you should reward yourself (or others) for a job well done. I mean that is half the fun of setting goals, right?! It's hardly productive to say, "when I lose 60 lbs, I get to go to The Melting Pot and do the whole 4 course meal - cheese, salad, meat/veggies, and chocolate." Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than to hit up my fave restaurant, but as previously mentioned that kind of an event would fall under a planned cheating kinda thing and I'm so not there yet. Rewards for weight loss are probably better off not being food based, don't ya think?! On July 6th, along with choosing my diet plan and strategy, I also came up with my first reward. I decided when I lost my first 60 lbs (by January 1st - totally a head of schedule - yay!), I would reward myself with a hair treatment called Keratin Complex.
I am blessed/cursed with naturally curly hair. I don't have the beautiful natural spiral curls of my younger sister, Linda. I have a bird's nest of unpredictability. My hair likes to grow fuller outwardly versus downwardly (think Bozo)

and I have never known the feeling of being able to run a brush through my hair in a sort of "get up and go" kind of way. In fact, I don't even use a brush as brushes tend to make frizzy curly hair less curly and way frizzier (think 70s afro). I would like to take this moment to thank Houston's humidity for making my life more complicated.
The treatment is pretty costly, though Leena, my long term hair stylist (10+ years) provided me with a cost that was 30% less expensive than most salons AND she threw in a hair cut, to boot. I heart Leena! Leena and I decided it best for me to "accept my reward" on a Thursday because post treatment, you cannot wash your hair, add product, or use any kind of hair accessory for 72 hours. Eeeeek! On Monday, 12/7, I called Leena to set-up my appointment for Thursday, 12/10, because I had surpassed by 60 lb goal and was ready to receive my honors.
So this is probably when I should insert some before and after pics. I COULD insert some BEFORE pics 60 lbs heavier with my wild untamed mane. I COULD then post some AFTER pics 60 lbs lighter with my sleek straight style. I COULD...BUT, I'm not gonna...not yet. I had the unexpected extraction of my wisdom (teeth) on Thursday prior to the straightening of my hair. This means I had total chipmunk cheeks, so exercise your patience, my little grasshoppers and I will post pictures soon enough.
The next weight loss goal is 40 more lbs for a grand total of 100. I would like to accomplish this by April 1st. Does anyone have any suggestions for rewards?
2 comments:
I am looking forward to seeing it tonight!!! I'm so proud of you for being so disciplined! I am so not that way, but I wish I as. Maybe I should take some lessons! : ) I am going to think of some rewards for you for the 100!
I'm a firm believer in honoring your accomplishments with jewelry. diamonds are nice. :) --Mindy
Post a Comment